Mother's Day
| Yesterday we had dinner at my mom' s. Today we had church, went to visit my grandparents' grave site and had lunch in J-town. All day long, Rachel has been thinking and working out what she saw this morning at the cemetery. While we were there, she kept looking for her great grandparents on the ground because we told her they were there. She kept inspecting pieces of grass or patches of dirt and would ask if they were there. Then when we got home, we started a conversation about heaven. She said she didn't want to go there because she lives "here in san jose.." So I went on to explain that when we die, we'll go there, including her own family and her cousin and her cousin's family, etc. So then she says, "Mom, then we better start digging a bigger hole!" ....then tonight the conversation continues with, "Mom, what are we going to do with our cars when we die and go in the ground?" I told her someone else will use the car and then she said, "What about my carseat? I don't want anyone to use my carseat!" Kind of a morbid subject and yet it shows the thoughts of a four year old as she earnestly seeks out these tough life questions. Everyday, I have to pray for wisdom to know how to teach/say the "right" things. |

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home