Reflections 2007

A friend asked recently if I do New Year's resolutions. I said, "No..." In retrospect, why is it that I don't? I blame it on the kids and the lack of time...and the motto that if I survive the day, I'm good...and yet, is that good enough? What is God's leading for me this year? Is there a focus that He is asking of me? I'd like to pursue that in the coming weeks and will let you know what He has to say.
I believe though that for 2007, the major theme for our family has been "God Provides." Starting off the school year in 2006/2007 on maternity leave, my students went through three subs and yet they survived. This year, God provided me with another partner so God provides. We weren't sure how Rachel was going to get to school on Mondays and God provided. Over the summer, everything at home broke down..or so it felt like it...our dishwasher, our fence, our TV...and God provided means for us, such as allowing our neighbor to agree to the fence project and finding a good deal for the dishwasher. My DSA project took up loads of time and yet God provided the means in terms of time for me to complete it. This last example caps off our year. Recently we've made some major purchases(treadmill, TV..etc) We've also been doing major cleaning in our bedroom since Amanda is now roommates with Rachel so we have our old computer room back. Anyways, after we cleared out our bedroom, I was just coveting to myself that it would be nice to have bedroom furniture since we never got it after we got married. But I knew that we probably shouldn't embark on any other major purchases for a while. I just prayed that God would help me to discern wants/needs and to be content in all things. Two days later, Randy's friend from Sac asked if we were interested in a brand new bedroom set that his brother-in-law is trying to get rid of! So...God Provides....
I believe though that for 2007, the major theme for our family has been "God Provides." Starting off the school year in 2006/2007 on maternity leave, my students went through three subs and yet they survived. This year, God provided me with another partner so God provides. We weren't sure how Rachel was going to get to school on Mondays and God provided. Over the summer, everything at home broke down..or so it felt like it...our dishwasher, our fence, our TV...and God provided means for us, such as allowing our neighbor to agree to the fence project and finding a good deal for the dishwasher. My DSA project took up loads of time and yet God provided the means in terms of time for me to complete it. This last example caps off our year. Recently we've made some major purchases(treadmill, TV..etc) We've also been doing major cleaning in our bedroom since Amanda is now roommates with Rachel so we have our old computer room back. Anyways, after we cleared out our bedroom, I was just coveting to myself that it would be nice to have bedroom furniture since we never got it after we got married. But I knew that we probably shouldn't embark on any other major purchases for a while. I just prayed that God would help me to discern wants/needs and to be content in all things. Two days later, Randy's friend from Sac asked if we were interested in a brand new bedroom set that his brother-in-law is trying to get rid of! So...God Provides....

1 Comments:
At 9:33 PM ,
smile4me8p said...
Priase God for His provisions! Looking forward to seeint/reading what He reveals to you about 2008!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home