fasting
Our church is having a 40 day fast in preparation for a Deeper Life Conference and Rachel's sunday school class has also been encouraging the same for the kids. So this week, I was trying to brainstorm with her different things she could fast, emphasizing the desire to give up something you LIKE in order to learn more/think more often about God. That was the simpliest way I could explain it. So here's Rachel's list:
1.Water(which she hates)
2.watching Wiggles(which she says is for babies)
3.playing soccer(which she never plays)
....ha...ha...
1.Water(which she hates)
2.watching Wiggles(which she says is for babies)
3.playing soccer(which she never plays)
....ha...ha...

1 Comments:
At 8:46 PM ,
smile4me8p said...
Ha ha ha! It's funny how kids at such a young age already know how to think of ways to get out of things they don't want to do...or that they try to find the easy way out. I hope her fasting is going well and that she learns to love Jesus more than __________ .
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home