Lee Chronicles

Monday, January 18, 2010

January Thoughts


January has been a tough month. Working fulltime has taken its toll on everyone and Rachel has been having some health issues. I'm having a hard time juggling work, home, ESL and other areas of need.

As I ponder upon 2009, I realized that in many ways, it was a difficult year. My parents had health/car issues, Randy had his back pains, and I had some health issues as well. However, in hindsight, I think I didn't realize that so much was happening to us. We just lived day and day, and didn't dwell on the negative. It was also a very fruitful year as well. Both girls grew tremendously, both physically and mentally. We have been plowing through the ESL year and the Christmas party was a great reminder of the great needs that people continue to have. Not having been able to attend BSF this month, I realized what a blessing it had been in 2009. Amanda started preschool and adjusted well, and the preschool has been more than accomodating in our crazy schedule. Amanda was also miracously healed from her bad ezcema. Randy and I were able to attend the Edenites Couples conference and he also had great healing from PCS. So it is so true, that although it was a tough year, He only gives us what we are able to handle.

I am a little fearful of this coming year, I admit. And I am not one to fear. But perhaps a little fear, coupled with wisdom/discernment from above is ok. Last week, I came home after a very rough day with one of my students. I was retelling this to Randy and I could see out of the corner of my eye Rachel listening in. Then she disappeared for about 10 minutes and said said she had a surprise for me on my dresser. She made a card for me to cheer me up! It made me tear, that she had such a compassionate heart. When time allows, I will take a pic and upload the card!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home