Lee Chronicles

Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer Update

Coyote Point Museum-Since last summer, Amanda has learned how to enjoy this place more. She really was fascinated with the animals and loved the playground. Here, she was playing/fighting with this boy over these colored foam pieces. At one point, she got really frustrated that he kept grabbing the pieces away from her. So she turns to him, points her finger and says, "Yie Yie!!" which is naughty in Chinese. He, apparently not fluent in this language, is totally unaware that she is reprimanding him and continues to play! She finally gives up and walks away!

Rachel practicing her photography skills!

This is what Amanda does for an hour while Rachel is at her art class!




I'm really glad Rachel is taking the art class. It gives me a break from seeing her only draw princesses and rainbows! This is a camping scene.



Most of our spare time is spent at home hanging out, often in the garage...doing nothing!




Emma Prusche Farm








Watching the chickens








I feel like I'm busier than I have been during the school year~ After school ended, we had a week to clean up our own house as well as our classroom. Then we had VBS and now we've started our summer tutoring program. It's been really good and we feel productive and positive about it...but it just seems so hectic all the time! On our "off" days, we are doing some things but I feel like I'm missing the "down time" that had always been predictable during the schoolyear.























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home