Freckles Prayer Request

The other night Rachel shared with me that she does not like the couple of freckles that she has gotten recently on her face...one on her nose in particular. She must have gotten comments at school...otherwise, how would she have noticed? Anyways, during our family devotion time, Rachel asks how can we hear God if she doesn't hear His voice? We tried to tell her that she must carefully listen and God will speak to her heart. Then she shares that one day last week, she quietly prayed to herself in Randy's classroom afterschool that her freckles would go away. She was discouraged that they have not and questions the power of prayer, which made me sad. I wasn't really sure how to answer her, so any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated!!!!
I told her that perhaps these freckles were a blessing from God(I guess God has abundantly blessed me here) and that He did not want them to disappear. That did not go well with her. And then I told her to continue praying and God would either change her heart about praying for them or He might possibly answer, but not nec in her timing....??????? It gets harder from here, doesn't it? Freckles today, ??? tomorrow?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home