New Beginnings-July 2010
I know I'm jumping ahead a bit but I wanted to post this before I forgot. Yesterday was Rachel's first piano lesson. She didn't really want to do it but our home lessons were not going so well. Last week, she said, "Don't get so excited but I am just a little bit excited about taking lessons." I'll take that! Anyways, she did a great job yesterday and she really worked hard on paying attention. I was watching her back as she was sitting there during the lesson and I felt a little choked up. My baby is growing up so fast and she is almost a young girl! I started piano a little bit after her, but not much. On the ride home, I was telling her how I begged my parents for years for me to learn the piano and we had to wait until I was in third grade because we didn't have money to buy a piano. I remember being so excited! And I loved taking lessons for the next ten years. She was shocked and wanted to know if I was going to force her to take lessons for the next ten years and then proceeded to bargain with me, "If I take lessons until I'm all done with all the books, is that good enough?" "Sure! "-Little does she know that there is an endless supply of piano curriculum that she could never finish!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home