Family Retreat-July 23-25, 2010
It was our first family retreat. My favorite part were the silly games in the afternoon and worshipping together with the kids. Rachel had a great time searching for marshmallows in flour with her face and Randy will always remember his campfire "performance." We had to perform a "rap" that was so ridiculous but Amanda salvaged what little there was of the performance by saying at the end, "I'm outta here!"
Family portrait on the last day of a very joyful time with our church family at retreat. I remember coming to this site as a college student and being a counselor to the youth there. The place looks vastly different today! After the retreat, we drove to Sausalito to enjoy the view. The girls also really liked crossing the Golden Gate Bridge on the way home. I think it was their first time that they actually knew they were crossing the bridge!
Looking out over the ocean; it wasn't the beach, but there isn't ice-cream at the beach!
We had ice cream at Lappert's and then walked along the street to look out at the pier. Rachel became very fascinated with Alcatraz when I showed her where it was and wants to visit. I don't know why she wants to see an old prison but maybe that'll be a day excursion for next summer? This has been a very busy time of travel and fellowship and our summer isn't over yet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home