School News
Yesterday Rachel came home and confided in me that their weekly poem at school had witches, goblins and ghosts in it. She felt scared everytime she read the poem and didn't want to decorate it or recite it on Friday. So I told her to talk to her teacher about it but she was worried about getting in trouble so asked me to do it. I sent an email and explained that in our home, we do not celebrate Halloween. I said to Rachel, "Well, next time that happens, don't draw the witch! Just draw a rainbow or a cross or "Jesus Loves You." Rachel: "But Mom, I can't! The picture won't match the words in the poem and then it won't make sense!"
So today her teacher took her up to her desk and excused her from the poem and said that she understood. I was thankful that we were able to share our convictions at school and also that her teacher is responsive. God is good.
So today her teacher took her up to her desk and excused her from the poem and said that she understood. I was thankful that we were able to share our convictions at school and also that her teacher is responsive. God is good.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home